§ 1 Scope and General Terms and Conditions of the customer
(1) For the legal relationships between ITaskUp, the operator of the ITaskUp platform, and the users of the platform, the following general terms and conditions apply exclusively in the version at the time the customer registered.
(2) General terms and conditions of the customer do not apply if they are not confirmed in writing by the operator.
§ 2 subject matter of the contract
The operator provides a digital platform on which freelancers and other independent service providers can offer services and potential employers or recruiting partners can search for service providers. The operator is not involved as a representative of one of the contracting parties in a resulting contractual relationship between the offering service provider and the deployment company.
§ 3 Use of the platform, conclusion of contract, payment
(1) For freelancers and independent service providers, the contract with ITaskUp comes into being as follows: After entering the registration data on the websites provided and after agreeing to these terms and conditions, the platform user is given the opportunity to create his profile free of charge.
(2) Employment companies and recruiting partners can use the platform as follows: After entering the registration data on the websites provided and after agreeing to the terms and conditions, the platform user receives an email with the activation link and thus the opportunity to use the platform. ITaskUp reserves the right to check the registration data before sending the activation link.
(3) Are authorized to use the platform
- Freelancers or independent service providers,
- Employment companies that are looking for freelancers to work in their own company, find and, if necessary, commission them,
- as well as recruiting partners who find freelancers and who want to hire them if necessary.
Any other group of people practicing is excluded from using the platform. If necessary, this will be checked by ITaskUp.
(4) The price list of our offers that is valid at the time the contract is concluded or on the day a contract extension takes effect applies. The user will be informed of any price changes at least two months in advance by email.
(5) Employment companies and recruiting partners will be billed for the paid services used. Billing is carried out regularly (in euros).
(6) If a user defaults on payment, we reserve the right to block his access to our platform without further notice.
(7) iTaskUp charges 15% of the purchase amount on every order from sellers.
§ 4 liability of the operator
(1) Regardless of the legal reason, the operator is only liable if damage has been caused by him or his vicarious agents with gross negligence or intent or results from the breach of an essential contractual obligation.
(2) The operator as an agent is not liable for the content, the legal qualification or any other correctness or completeness of contracts between providers and buyers, in particular not for performance and willingness on the one hand, and pricing, willingness and ability to pay on the other.
(3) The operator is not liable for the correctness, completeness or legality of information published by users on the platform.
(4) The operator's goal is to offer the platform with optimal availability. If the usability is significantly impaired in individual cases due to a lack of availability, no liability is assumed for lost potential profits. The operator's liability is limited to the amount of the usage fee for the duration of the lack of availability.
(5) The operator is not liable for any damage caused by malware in files that are offered for download by freelancers in their profiles.
§ 5 Obligations of the platform user
The users of the platform undertake to
(1) to only provide correct information on the platform.
(2) to keep your information on the platform up to date. This applies in particular to availability dates and periods.
(3) to treat information and data exchanged between users when using ITaskUp as confidential
(4) Keep passwords secret and not pass them on to third parties.
(5) to only publish content that you have the necessary rights to publish
(6) not to publish any content that is illegal, contrary to morality, incompatible with the purpose and form of the platform, in particular if it contradicts these general terms and conditions, or if freeelance pages the publication is unreasonable for other reasons.
(7) Any use of the data provided on the platform outside of the intended purpose of ITaskUpstated in §2 is prohibited. In particular, it is prohibited to use personal data for advertising purposes or to set up competing offers.
(8) If the user violates the rights of third parties by publishing on ITaskUp, the operator is hereby released from all third-party claims. The exemption also includes necessary legal costs.
(9) If the user violates the obligations specified in § 5, the operator reserves the right to block the user account and to extraordinarily terminate the contract with the user in accordance with § 7 (4). This does not affect any further claims, in particular for damages.
§ 6 data protection
(1) The operator collects, processes and uses user data exclusively within the framework of the applicable data protection laws and within the framework of the purpose of the platform. You can find details on this in our data protection declaration.
(2) With the storage of personal profile data, the freelancer or the independent service provider grants the operator the right to use the data in accordance with Paragraph (1), in particular to make this data accessible to representatives of employers and recruiting partners in order to enable them To enable the identification of suitable service providers and the initiation of a contract.
(3) Users can object to the storage and processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future; in this case, the inventory and user data will be deleted except for the data necessary for billing and claims enforcement purposes, as well as the entries on the platform.
(4) Information on means of payment is transmitted via an SSL-encrypted interface to a payment services provider (cf. § 3, Paragraph (4)) to process payment transactions.
(5) Outside of paragraphs (1) to (4), data will not be passed on to third parties.
(6) Search queries from employers or recruiting partners are also used by ITaskUp to optimize the purpose of the platform and for internal statistical purposes. No conclusions can be drawn about the identity of the searching company.
(7) The extended data protection declarations for "Matching as a Service (Maas)" can be found in the data protection declaration.
§ 7 termination
(1) The contract is concluded for an indefinite period.
(2) If the contract is terminated, the chargeable services already used but not invoiced will still be invoiced. Cancellation is possible online at any time.
(3) Both sides are entitled to terminate this contract electronically at any time without observing a notice period
(4) The right to extraordinary termination for good cause remains unaffected.
(5) After the contract has ended, the operator is entitled to delete the user data.
§ 8 final provisions
Should any provision of these general terms and conditions be ineffective, the rest of the contract remains effective. In place of the invalid provision, the relevant statutory provisions apply.
1- Scope of the data protection declaration
This data protection declaration serves to inform the user in addition to Section 6 of our terms and conditions about the type, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data for ITaskUp.
2- Principles and terms
We collect and use personal data of the user to provide the service of ITaskUp in accordance with the applicable legal provisions (in particular the Telemedia Act) and in accordance with this data protection declaration.
We use the personal data collected for the provision of ITaskUp for other purposes only insofar as this is permitted by applicable legal provision or insofar as the user has consented
The service provider is ITaskUp.
The user is the legal or natural person who concludes the usage contract with us as the service provider and uses ITaskUp.
Personal data of the user are individual details about his personal and material circumstances. With regard to personal data, a distinction is made between inventory data and usage data as well as MaaS data.
Inventory data is data that is collected and used for the establishment, content design or amendment of the user contract between us as the service provider and the user (e.g. specification of first and last name when registering ITaskUp).
Usage data are data that enable the use of ITaskUp and the billing of usage.
MaaS data are data that are made available to ITaskUp through the use of Machting-as-a-Service (MaaS). Users of the MaaS instance are both deployment companies and recruiting partners.
3- Information on the legal basis, type, content and scope of the collection and use of the data
Personal data of the user are only collected and saved with consent. We collect and use personal data only insofar as this is necessary for the establishment, content or amendment of the user contract between us as the service provider and the user and for the use and billing of the use of ITaskUp. The collection and use of personal data of the user for ITaskUp is described below.
The personal data is stored exclusively on our computers in order to exclude improper external influences from outside or from neighboring third-party hosting applications. This data is only used by us as a service provider, whereby access to the data that is necessary to fulfill the respective task is only possible for an authorized group of employees.
4- Collection and use of inventory data for ITaskUp
Registration at ITaskUp
When registering with ITaskUp, personal data of the individual users is requested. Only the mandatory information is required for a successful registration. All other information is voluntary. Voluntary information is desired by us as a service provider, but not required
Mandatory information about the user are:
Title Mr. Mrs)
Selected contract term (usage period)
selected method of payment
The e-mail address is used for correspondence with us as a service provider in connection with the implementation of the user contract. The transmission of the payment data is SSL-encrypted.
Voluntary information is
Newsletter deployment company
Date of birth
My profile can be found in search engines
With the latter, you have the option to activate your profile for Google and other search engines. After giving your consent, your profile will also be found via search engine queries if the content of the profile matches the search query. The duration of the storage of the indexed profiles is subject to the respective search engine, but ITaskUp can request the deletion of the indexed profiles on request and thereby accelerate the deletion process.
Profile upload Use for internal machine learning
For the artificial intelligence integrated by the service provider, profile data, but above all the voluntarily specified profile uploads with the consent of the user (given by consent to the publication of the profile), are used in order to continuously improve the internal machine learning mechanisms and thus the quality of the platform . All data is anonymized. The machine learning takes place with the help of a cloud provider (SaaS). In addition, the cloud provider bears the TRUSTe APEC data protection seal (cross-border data protection regulations). This type of processing of personal data is a prerequisite for machine learning and thus also for the fulfillment of the contract and the achievement of the original purpose. The justification for the fulfillment of the contract also applies with regard to the general optimization measures of the service provider, which can only be made possible through ongoing training of algorithms. The anonymized data of the profile upload can also be used anonymously by the service provider beyond the contract period. The cloud provider used by the service provider is a member of the European Union Data Protection Code of Conduct for Cloud Service Providers (CoC). These guidelines are followed by the cloud provider and thus secure data transmission to third countries is also ensured. Any international data transfer to third countries is secured by the signing of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses by all data importers of the cloud provider. which can only be made possible through continuous training of algorithms. The anonymized data of the profile upload can also be used anonymously by the service provider beyond the contract period. The cloud provider used by the service provider is a member of the European Union Data Protection Code of Conduct for Cloud Service Providers (CoC). These guidelines are followed by the cloud provider and thus secure data transmission to third countries is also ensured. Any international data transfer to third countries is secured by the signing of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses by all data importers of the cloud provider. which can only be made possible through continuous training of algorithms. The anonymized data of the profile upload can also be used anonymously by the service provider beyond the contract period. The cloud provider used by the service provider is a member of the European Union Data Protection Code of Conduct for Cloud Service Providers (CoC). These guidelines are followed by the cloud provider and thus secure data transmission to third countries is also ensured. Any international data transfer to third countries is secured by the signing of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses by all data importers of the cloud provider. The anonymized data of the profile upload can also be used anonymously by the service provider beyond the contract period. The cloud provider used by the service provider is a member of the European Union Data Protection Code of Conduct for Cloud Service Providers (CoC). These guidelines are followed by the cloud provider and thus secure data transmission to third countries is also ensured. Any international data transfer to third countries is secured by the signing of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses by all data importers of the cloud provider. The anonymized data of the profile upload can also be used anonymously by the service provider beyond the contract period. The cloud provider used by the service provider is a member of the European Union Data Protection Code of Conduct for Cloud Service Providers (CoC). These guidelines are followed by the cloud provider and thus secure data transmission to third countries is also ensured. Any international data transfer to third countries is secured by the signing of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses by all data importers of the cloud provider. These guidelines are followed by the cloud provider and thus secure data transmission to third countries is also ensured. Any international data transfer to third countries is secured by the signing of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses by all data importers of the cloud provider. These guidelines are followed by the cloud provider and thus secure data transmission to third countries is also ensured. Any international data transfer to third countries is secured by the signing of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses by all data importers of the cloud provider.
Profile and tender upload for MaaS
The object of the use of data is the analysis and evaluation of advertisements and candidate profiles provided. Personal information in advertisements and / or candidate profiles is provided by the deployment company and recruiting partners and read and analyzed by ITaskUp and with the help of the cloud service provider mentioned in the above section as a sub-processor, and the corresponding results are returned to the user of the MaaS instance. No data is stored on the server of ITaskUp or on servers of the sub-processor beyond the duration of the processing.
Username and password
The user creates the user name and password himself and receives an activation link on his specified email address. The user should treat the password confidentially. For security reasons, he should change his password from time to time. When logging in, the user name and password are transmitted in https-encrypted form. This increases security. As a service provider, we store the password in encrypted form. None of our employees will ask the user to reveal the password. Should the user still receive such a request, it is probably a phishing attack. In such a case we ask that you notify us.
Further inventory data collected by us as a service provider
In order to be able to manage ITaskUp effectively, we, as a service provider, collect and save further data if necessary. These are the date and time of acceptance of the terms and conditions by the user, the date of the last profile changes and the date of the last log-in at ITaskUp. We use the information available to us (images / focal points / skills / profile upload) to improve our advertising and measurement systems.
5- Collection and use of usage data for ITaskUp
Each time ITaskUp is called up, the access data of the user required for the use of ItaskUp services and for billing the use is saved in a log file on our server. The following data is saved here:
Access to user profiles for evaluation for billing purposes and checking for non-contractual or otherwise illegal uses
Search criteria to optimize the search functionalities
6- Limitation of Liability
The contents of this website are created with utmost care. However, we do not assume any liability for the correctness, completeness and topicality of the content provided. The use of the content of the website is at the user's own risk.
7- External links
This website contains links to websites of third parties ("external links"). These websites are the responsibility of the respective operators. When the external links were first linked, we checked the third-party content to determine whether there were any legal violations. At that time, no legal violations were apparent. We have no influence whatsoever on the current and future design or on the content of the linked pages. The setting of external links does not mean that we adopt the content behind the reference or link as our own. A constant control of the external links is not possible and reasonable for us. With knowledge of legal violations, such external links will be deleted immediately. We investigate specific indications of legal violations.
8- Copyright and ancillary copyrights
The content published on this website is subject to German copyright and ancillary copyright law. Any use not permitted by German copyright and ancillary copyright law requires the prior written consent of the provider or the respective rights holder. This applies in particular to the duplication, editing, translation, storage, processing or reproduction of content in databases or other electronic media and systems. Contents and rights of third parties are marked as such. The unauthorized duplication or distribution of individual content or complete pages is not permitted and is punishable.
The presentation of this website in external frames is only permitted with written permission.
9- Data protection
Some of the websites use so-called cookies. You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general, and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when you close the browser.
The website provider automatically collects and saves information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
Browser type / browser version
operating system used
Host name of the accessing computer
Time of the server request
These data cannot be assigned to specific persons. This data is not combined with other data sources. We reserve the right to check this data retrospectively if we become aware of specific indications of illegal use.
Data protection declaration for the use of Google Analytics
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider is Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and that enable your use of the website to be analyzed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
By activating the IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
Data protection declaration for the use of Facebook plugins (like button)
Plugins of the social network Facebook, provider Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA, are integrated on our pages. You can recognize the Facebook plugins by the Facebook logo or the "Like" button on our website. You can find an overview of the Facebook plugins here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
When you visit our website, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Facebook server via the plugin. Facebook receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Facebook "Like" button while you are logged into your Facebook account, you can link the content of our pages to your Facebook profile. This enables Facebook to assign your visit to our website to your user account. We would like to point out that, as the provider of the pages, we have no knowledge of the content of the data transmitted or its use by Facebook. You can find more information on this in Facebook's data protection declaration at http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php.
If you do not want Facebook to be able to assign your visit to our website to your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account.
Data deletion Callback Requests
If you wish to delete your personal data from iTaskUp database, you’ll need to send us an email on email@example.com.
Upon receiving your email our Data Protection Officer will then confirm with you, unless specified in your email, what your concerns are and how your data deletion callback request will be fulfilled, including when these changes will take effect.
The general timeframe for your data deletion request, upon receiving your request is 14 days. It takes time to identify all the information such as multiple comments and replies you may have sent on our pages. This is a tiresome process, since our Data Protection Officer would need to go through hundreds of comments to find your data and manually delete each one without negatively affecting our visitors and website’s functionality.
Data protection declaration for the use of Twitter
Functions of the Twitter service are integrated on our sites. These functions are offered by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. By using Twitter and the "Retweet" function, the websites you visit are linked to your Twitter account and made known to other users. This data is also transmitted to Twitter. We would like to point out that, as the provider of the website, we have no knowledge of the content of the data transmitted or of its use by Twitter. Further information can be found in Twitter's data protection declaration at http://twitter.com/privacy.
You can change your data protection settings on Twitter in the account settings at http://twitter.com/account/settings.
Data protection declaration for the use of Google+:
Collection and dissemination of information: You can use the Google+ button to publish information worldwide. You and other users receive personalized content from Google and our partners via the Google+ button. Google stores both the information that you give for a content as well as information about the page you were viewing when you clicked the Google+ button. Your +1 can be used as hints along with your Profile names and your photo are shown in Google services, such as in search results or in your Google profile, or in other places on websites and advertisements on the Internet. Google records information about your +1 activities in order to? Improve Google services for you and others. To be able to use the Google +1 button, you need a globally visible, public Google profile that must contain at least the name chosen for the profile. This name is used in all Google services. In some cases, this name can also replace another name that you used when sharing content via your Google account. The identity of your Google profile can be shown to users who know your e-mail address or have other identifying information about you.
Use of the information collected: In addition to the purposes outlined above, the information you provide will be used in accordance with the applicable Google data protection regulations. Google may publish summarized statistics about the +1 activities of users or pass them on to users and partners, such as publishers, advertisers or linked websites.
Right to object
You have the right to complain about unlawful data processing and to object to the use of personal data at any time in the form of contact or cancellation. This is taken into account and appropriate measures are initiated. The purpose of the data collection may be impaired.
Right to delete and correct the data
ITaskUp only collects personal data in order to pursue the business model of mediating contacts between the freelancer and the company. If this original purpose is no longer relevant, be it due to termination or the consent given by the customer is otherwise withdrawn, all personal data that was stored for the original purpose will be deleted immediately and without great effort. This usually happens immediately automatically when the termination or revocation is pronounced. Nevertheless, If you wish to delete your personal data from iTaskUp database, you’ll need to send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Your data will be irrevocably deleted within 14 days.
The collected personal data are only stored for as long as they are needed for the stated purpose. However, ITaskUp reserves the right to save the data as a backup for a period of 14 days.
This Policy sets out the dispute process to be followed in order to resolve a dispute between a Buyer and Seller.
Both parties of the Dispute case can elect to have their dispute arbitrated by the Dispute Team. The role of the Dispute Team extends to making all actions necessary to resolve the case in an impartial and evidential manner. You acknowledge that the verdict of the Dispute Team is final, binding, and irreversible.
Once a dispute is opened, a Buyer is given 14 days to respond to it. Otherwise, they will automatically lose the dispute and the pending funds will be transferred to the Seller's account.
Once a dispute is opened, a Seller is given 4 days to respond to it. Otherwise, they will automatically lose the dispute and the pending funds will be returned to the Buyer's account.
The complainant should select the Project to be disputed. A description of the issue and an explanation of why the dispute is being opened should be given. From this step until step3, users are encouraged to attach any files that could support their claims.
Finally, the complainant is requested to enter the amount he or she is prepared to pay for the Project (if a Buyer) or wish to get paid for the Project (if a Seller). The amount could be between 0 and the total amount fixed for the project in question.
At this stage, either party can negotiate for partial compensation, or (after a period of time) choose to have Dispute Team arbitrate the dispute. Both parties will have the opportunity to tell their side of the story and also negotiate terms to resolve the issue between themselves.
This step is the last step where both Users can submit their final evidence to support their case. After this step, the involved parties are no longer allowed to submit evidence. The dispute will be resolved based upon the evidence provided through the Dispute System. Once the dispute has proceeded to step4, further evidence will no longer be accepted.
At step 4, the Dispute Team will review all evidence and other information provided to reach a decision (usually within 48 hours). Dispute verdicts are final, binding, and irreversible.
Should you choose to have the Dispute Team arbitrate your dispute, you agree to allow the Dispute Team to read all correspondence made on the Site and download or access, and test (if necessary), all uploaded files, programs, and websites related to the dispute for the sole purpose of having your dispute resolved. You are highly encouraged to submit all the documents that would support your claims on your dispute. Provide the products, contracts, and other files relating to the project and the dispute. iTaskUp will retain the confidentiality of the project and the privacy of the involved users and will not release the collected information to any party unless required by law.